Jeremy Saylor's Resume
I am a web designer with a resume of more than a decade of results using my experience with PHP, HTML, CSS, WordPress, responsive design & SEO. More than your average designer, I bring a diverse communication background, spending time working in television production, print production and non-profit communication.
Not only can I build the website, I can take the photos, shoot the video and produce the print materials that bring in new customers and grow your business.
Full Metal Chicken
Interactive Designer / WordPress Specialist | Hickory, NC | November 2015 to Present
- Using mostly WordPress, I design great websites that solve problems and bring in new customers for medium to large manufacturing companies. This can include creating custom themes, innovative user interfaces, as well as SEO and keyword research.
- Projects have ranged from simple landing pages with custom forms to a complete overhaul of a B2C website for a global tape manufacturer.
- When I’m not gettting nerdy with the web, I’ve been found putting together some catalogs, posters and other print materials in InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- I’m no stranger to a good video production as well. Shooting with a DSLR and executing some editing magic in Adobe Premiere.
WQED Multimedia (PBS Affiliate Station)
Developer, WQED Interactive/ Online Video Producer | Pittsburgh, PA | February 2015 to October 2015
- Oversaw operations of the WQED-TV, WQED-FM & WQED-Digital websites.
- Front end development on the WQED.org website in PHP, HTML, CSS. Backend configuration using Drupal 7.
- Responsible for the creation & production of “digital first” content and delivery, a first for WQED.
- Oversaw the WQED social media platforms, including YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter and Instagram.
Gear Services, Inc.
Technology Manager, Web Developer & Graphic Artist | Grove City, PA | January 2011 to February 2015
- Implemented two new websites, one as a WordPress based product catalog site (gearcustomproducts.com), the other a Volusion based e-commerce site (mototees.com).
- Increased traffic and sales for four consecutive years using successful SEO and keyword research.
- Created and managed Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Yelp and Google+ pages for both companies.
Freelance Producer & Technical Director | Morgantown, WV | May 2005 to August 2014
- Produced and directed live streaming video coverage of motocross and off-road racing events from across the United States.
- Coverage was broadcast on RacerTV.com and LiveStream with viewership as high as 100,000 per show.
- Shows were a fast paced environment; I was charged with managing the entire production crew.
- Required expert level knowledge or the Newtek Tricaster production system.
- Using Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Audition, edited a weekly highlight show airing on The NBC Sports Network under a highly demanding deadline while meeting network content and graphic standards.
- Managed social media sites for RacerTV, including uploading archived shows to YouTube and Vimeo.
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania
B.S. Communication, Focus on Emerging Technology and Multimedia | Slippery Rock, PA | May 2010
- WSRU-TV: President, News Anchor, Camera Operator, Producer. Responsible for the creation of live sports production department and heavily involved in development of a new state of the art TV studio. 2009 Communication Department Leadership Award.
- The Rocket Newspaper: Assistant Web Editor, Photographer, Contributor. 2010 Keystone Press Award recipient.
- Office of Web Communication and New Media: Website Assistant, assisted in the creation of new university website using Sharepoint, built a weekly news e-magazine based off PHP.
Like What You See?
If you like my work and want to see how we can create together, please contact me and let’s get started!